Università degli Studi di Cagliari
The University of Cagliari was founded in 1620 by Philip III of Spain and came into being with four teachings: Theology, Law, Medicine, Philosophy and the Arts.
In the second half of the 1700s Palazzo Belgrano, which still today houses the Rectorate and the University Library, was built. The inauguration of the building took place on 1st November 1769 to coincide with the beginning of the new academic year.
The currently existing structures developed in three distinct phases over the course of the 1900s. In the 1930s, the Faculties of Pharmacy, Education and Mining Engineering were established; after the Second World War, Letters and Philosophy, the Student House and the “Cittadella dei Musei” followed.
In the 1980s, the construction of the new University Campus and the University Polyclinic began in Monserrato.
The progressive growth of the University has led to the current configuration in 6 Faculties and 15 Departments, which constitute the operational nuclei of the university organization responsible for achieving the primary objectives of the University: research and teaching, at the service of the high demand of innovation required by today’s knowledge society.
Cagliari University through the national contract between CRUI and IEEE has an unlimited open access agreement with IEEE that enables researchers to publish articles as open access without open access fees in all IEEE fully and hybrid open access journals. The agreement applies to all original research articles accepted for publication between 1st August, 2022 and 31st December, 2024. To benefit from this agreement, the corresponding author has to be affiliated with Cagliari University. Please use the correct institution name and your institutional email address during submission. It is recommended for authors to select the CC BY 4.0 license. The open access funding request will be approved by the Approval Manager.
Overlength page charges or color fees are not covered by the agreement and will be charged to authors.