Wrocław University of Science and Technology
Wrocław University of Science and Technology began life as the Technische Hochschule Breslau in 1910, founded by German scientists and engineers, with the support of Emperor Wilhelm II of the German Empire.
So the Wrocław University of Science and Technology (WUST, Politechnika Wrocławska in Polish) was the product of 27 professors, originating from the Technische Hochschule Breslau and the Technical University of Lwów, who arrived in Wrocław and began teaching in the school’s damaged buildings in November 1945.
The university’s buildings and infrastructures are spread throughout the city, with its main campus facilities near Plac Grunwaldzki, alongside the Oder river. It also has three regional branches in Jelenia Góra, Legnica, and Wałbrzych.
Often regarded as one of the best technical and engineering universities within Poland and globally, it educates about 26,000 students in 50 bachelor’s, master’s, and PhD programmes.
Its focus is on science and technology, although it has 13 faculties offerings a variety of disciplines such as architecture and urban planning, civil engineering, chemistry, fundamental problems of technology, pure and applied mathematics and electronics.
Since 2016, by decision of the European Commission, WUST also has the right to use the prestigious logo „HR Excellence in Research”, which means that it was recognized as an institution creating one of the best conditions for work and development for researchers in Europe.