The campus of Tsinghua University is situated in northwest Beijing on the site of the former imperial gardens of the Qing Dynasty, and surrounded by a number of historical sites.Tsinghua University was established in 1911, originally under the name “Tsing Hua Imperial College”. The school was renamed “Tsing Hua College” in 1912. The university section was founded in 1925. The name “National Tsing Hua University” was adopted in 1928.The faculty greatly valued the interaction between Chinese and Western cultures, the sciences and humanities, the ancient and modern. Tsinghua scholars Wang Guowei, Liang Qichao, Chen Yinque and Zhao Yuanren, renowned as the “Four Tutors” in the Institute of Chinese Classics, advocated this belief and had a profound impact on Tsinghua’s later development.
IEEE and DRAA, the Digital Resource Acquisition Alliance of Chinese Academic Libraries, have entered into an open access read and publish agreement. This agreement makes it more convenient for corresponding authors to publish open access articles with IEEE’s industry leading journals and magazines as eligible authors pay reduced article processing charges (APCs) and may have the opportunity to pay no APCs as some of these costs are waived under the agreement.